Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring!


All I can think about these days is warmer weather, dresses, sandals, sunglasses, ice cream cones... and uh... wool.
I've been spending a lot of time in Central Park, especially by the Harlem Meer and in the Conservatory Garden. It's all really incredible right now.


















































I've also been working on turning this big box of fluffy stuff (the Phatfiber March box) into sock yarn. I almost can't believe I'm spinning sock yarn. I used to tell myself that I would never knit socks. I just thought they were too silly, too expensive, too time consuming. But I felt like I had to try it just once.... And they didn't turn out quite right so I had to try again. And I love wearing my hand-knit socks (they are really are comfy).
So, I guess I've come to terms with liking to knit socks.... But taking hours to spin wool into a ton of yarn and then hours and hours to knit the yarn and then in the end all you've got is a pair of silly looking socks? Yes. That's exactly what I'm doing. And for some reason... I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment