Saturday, February 13, 2010

Simple Slouchy Beret

So... I'm finally getting around to sharing this pattern. It's taken me a while in getting this out there. Partly because I've been really frustrated with my camera, every time I've tried to take a photo of the hat that goes along with the pattern all I get is blurry blobs... Well my crummy camera is four years old so what should I expect, right? So I ordered a new one online, it should be coming on Monday and I can't wait.
But without further rambling, here's that pattern. It's a great simple beret pattern that I use all the time. It's not too loose around the brim so it doesn't feel like it's about to slide off your head, but it's still nice and slouchy and cute.



















Simple Slouchy Knit Beret:
You will need:
-About 130 yards of Yarn (aran weight or light to medium worsted will all work, as long as you get some drape)
-Size 6 16-Inch Circular Needles
-Size 9 16-Inch Circular Needles
-Size 8 or 9 Double Pointed Needles
-1 Stitch Marker

Cast on 80 stitches on the size 6 needles. Place marker and join to knit in the round.
Knit 1x1 rib for 8 rows.
Change to Size 9 circular needles and *K2, M1* to end of row ( 120 sts)
Knit about 5 inches.
*K4, K2tog* repeat to end of round (100 sts).
Knit 4 rounds.
*K3, K2tog* repeat to end of round (80 sts).
Knit 4 Rounds.
*K2, K2tog* repeat to end of round (60 sts).
Knit 3 rounds.
*K1, K2tog* repeat to end of round (40 sts). At around this point you will need to switch to your double pointed needles, just do it when your stitches feel tight on the circulars.
Knit 2 rounds.
*K2tog* repeat to end of round (20 sts).
K 1 round.
*K2tog* repeat to end of row (10 sts).
Knit one round.
Cut yarn, thread through remaining stitches and pull to close up the hole.
Good Job! Just weave in the ends and you're good to go; no need to block this one.



















Did you know it's quite snowy in New York right now? Luckily, I have a lot of wool hats.



No comments:

Post a Comment