Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Few & Far Between: The Secret is Out!

Yikes!
March 1st.
February was fine but March is exciting. Do you want to know why?
March is the month that I will be opening a shop with my good friend Irina. A real store. double yikes.
We have been planning for the past three months (this is part of why the blogging around here has been a bit scarce) and now the opening is almost here! Here's the deal.
Our shop is called:
























If you've been reading the blog for a while you might know that I've been an assistant for my lovely friend Siri, over at her shop Treehouse, for the past year. Siri loves her sweet little shop (and so does everyone in the neighborhood) but she's also ready to take a quick break and it just so happens that Irina and I are ready to have a shop... So we are opening a pop-up shop for three months while Siri goes touring with her awesome band and works on her beautiful jewelry line and cool stuff like that! Siri wrote a great newsletter which you can see here.
And while Siri is off having her adventures, Irina and I will be here in Brooklyn tending to our store-within-a-store. Few & Far Between will feature beautiful vintage apparel and home goods alongside hand crafted jewelry and accessories by some of our favorite independent designers.
I am so excited. This is a total dream come true for me and I can't wait to show you some photos of the shop as we start to move our huge vintage collection in and get everything styled and lovely. Want to see some sneak-peeks?















































We also have a Tumblr HERE and a Facebook page HERE.
One last thing for now; the big opening party is going to be on March 12th! If you live nearby you should mark your calendar. If you don't live nearby, tell a friend. I'll have more information coming soon so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. wow that sounds like so much fun, congrats!! what happens if your store is a hit? will you continue it? best of luck!!!!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! If the shop is a success we will be shopping around for a more permanent space. It's exciting!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting! I would love to have a little shop of my own - I always imagine how I would set things out etc. Hope it goes well! xx

    ReplyDelete