Friday, May 28, 2010

Confession Time

I don't like machine sewing.
I have a sewing machine.
I bought it because I just wanted one and this particular one had a photo of Martha Stewart on it.
I imagined myself as a natural sewist (I think that's what they're called, right?). Well, I'm not good at sewing with the machine. It turns out that I don't like ironing, measuring, pinning, or uh... sewing. At least, not yet. I hope to be better at this some day. Right now I mostly practice sewing just by taking up the hems on long vintage dresses.
Tonight I was reminded why I shouldn't sew while singing... and drinking...

















The above photo illustrates what happened about six times.
Oh well, some day I'll be better.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problems with sewing! Knitting seems so much more natural to me. What's a girl to do?

    ReplyDelete