Friday, December 10, 2010

Luv-able & Hug-able Recap

I went to the opening of the Luv-able & Hug-able show last night and it was great. There was so much awesome work and a lot of things from people I hadn't heard of before. Everything in the show is for sale and if you buy something they take it right off the wall for you and wrap it up. I bought a little something but I can't say what because it's going to be a present for someone who (I think) reads the blog.
Here are some of my favorite pieces from the show:

These awesome dogs are by Keighty Crochet. They are so creepy cute!




































These dolls are by Evangelione. So rad. I wish I had taken a better photo of their hair. It looked really sweet. And the outfits too! The adorable bear is by Kumanta but I couldn't find a link for that artist.



















And, if you've been reading along, you might know how much I love anything made by Hine Mizushima. I just think she makes such great work. Check out the wreathes she made for the show! Do click the link if you're not yet familiar with her stuff. You won't regret it.



















And lastly this cute lil guy. I love it! Unfortunately, I can't remember who made this one. If I figure it out I'll let you know.
























There was way more amazing stuff at the show and you can see more of it at Gallery Hanahou's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment