Monday, October 11, 2010

Casting on Brambles



















I cast on for a Brambles Beret from the latest issue of Knitty today. I'm using some vintage wool yarn that Michelle gave me. The color is such a pretty dusty gold, it reminds me of curry.
I'm excited to knit this hat because I usually just knit my from my own Simple Slouchy Beret pattern (I've probably knit about 15). That pattern is just so easy and mindless and I really like the plain design of it (it is my own pattern after all).
I think Brambles is going to be a really great pattern to knit, it has some cables and texture but not too much craziness. A ton of people have already knit this hat and they all look really cute.
What's your favorite pattern from the new Knitty? Did you make anything today?

No comments:

Post a Comment