Monday, November 23, 2009

One Giant Slipper

These ones look so cute...
So... I had been wanting to make these slippers for a long time. They were in issue 5 of Craft magazine and were also featured on the Craft blog a little while back. I had some purple and pink yarns (kool-aid dyed) that look really nice together so it seemed like the timing was right to finally make these super-cute slippers.
I only knit one because it actually took quite a long time and because I wanted to make sure it would all work out before I knit two of them. And it was HUGE. It was so huge that I was able to fit it on my head and convince my friend that I had knit a really weird hat (it seemed funny at the time).
We don't have a washer and dryer at our apartment so I tried felting it by hand with hot soapy water... It hardly shrank at all! In fact it's still this big.
See how big it is compared to my foot?
I guess I'll have to use a proper washing machine to really get them to felt enough. We'll see how that goes...
For now I'm just going to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and knit with... cashmere! I bought my first cashmere yarn ever and it's so so so nice. It's white and lovely and I'll post photos of what I'm making soon. I just have to be careful not to get any peanut butter on it in the meantime...

No comments:

Post a Comment