Thursday, January 13, 2011

First Timer

Remember that swatch I showed you? It's for a new project that I'm feeling excited about. My very first stranded colorwork project! Is it intarsia? Umm, I'll have to check the definition. Anyway, the project is a pair of gloves from the winter 2010 edition of Spin-Off magazine called, simply, Norwegian-Inspired Gloves by Erda Kappeler. I couldn't find it on Ravelry to give you a link but I might scan in a photo from the magazine just to show you what I'm working towards. Here's where I'm at so far:



















I'm changing a couple of things: The pattern is for gloves but I'm going to try to change them into mittens. I just think handknit gloves in anything heavier than sock yarn look really bulky. Like big monster fingers. And secondly, I'm changing one of the charts. The original pattern has a chart on the back of the hand for (what I think is) a rooster and I'm doing a deer chart instead. I might do a different animal on the other hand. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment