Monday, January 17, 2011

Linen Learning

The other day my friend Irina and I were doing some clothes shopping for a big project we are working on. It's a project I'm excited to tell you about soon... Anyway, one of the dresses I found that day was made of this beautiful woven linen in rich jewel tones. I grabbed it and carried it over to Irina and whispered*, "Look. I found one that's 100% linen!"
She replied, "What's linen?"
And I paused for a second and then said, "Well, it's made of flax and it's uhh... like, really nice..."
Yeah, not super eloquent. I was so happy to stumble on this video today on reMade USA's blog.
It's a bit long but absolutely mesmerizing and gorgeous. I love learning more about fibers and textiles; learning how things are made.

*I don't know why I was whispering. Sometimes I whisper when I'm excited and nerding out. Especially if I'm excited and nerding out about knitting or fabrics. yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment